Do you consider your pet one of the family? Pets are our best friends but once in a while, our furry friends accidentally have an accident on our favorite furniture and sometimes our bed. No matter how potty-trained they may be, it happens!And when it does, you’ll want to be prepared with the best pet stain remover to get rid of all traces of urine stains, pet poop, and pet vomit.Keep reading to learn how pet owners can keep couches, chairs and bedding looking and smelling fresh.
HOME REMEDIES TO REMOVE PET STAINS
As always, whenever you discover a pet stain, the quicker you act, the better chance you have to remove it.
Here are two do-it-yourself solutions to try:
Solution # 1: cleaning pet stains with vinegar and baking soda
- Pour a good amount of vinegar directly onto the pet stain. Be sure to thoroughly soak the stain.
- Next, pour a much smaller amount of baking soda onto the stain (be sure to follow this order). You’ll hear the solution working its magic right away!
- Let the stained area dry for 1-2 days (if you cover the stain with something like a bowl, that’s always a good reminder to leave it alone).
- After 1-2 days have passed, vacuum your carpet to get rid of excess baking soda or wipe down the affected area of your bedding using a clean towel.
Solution # 2: liquid dishwashing detergent
Another way to tackle pet stains (more specifically, urine stains) involves using liquid dishwashing detergent.
- Blot the stained area with a towel you can dispose of after use. And if you happen to have a shop-vac, this is a great time to use it on the stain to lift any remaining urine
- Next, take 1 cup of warm water and mix it with about ¼ teaspoon of whatever dishwashing liquid you have (note: laundry detergent and hand soap will not work).
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spray the affected area.
- After the mixture has soaked into the stain quite well (give it a few minutes) use either a shop-vac on the stain or a cotton cloth to wipe up the stain.
- Rinse the area with warm water and repeat steps 1 through 4 until the stain is no longer visible.
For The Toughest Pet Stains, TMG Companies Can Help!
Though the two above mentioned home remedies do quite well at removing a variety of household pet stains, those extra stubborn spots always seem to make their presence known.
If you need a little extra help getting rid of them, try calling upon our well-trained and well-equipped carpet cleaning team at TMG Companies.
We’ll arrive on the scene with the industry’s best commercial-grade equipment to completely eradicate even the toughest pet stains. The powerful technology we use goes beyond household remedies to dig deep within carpet fibers to clean them from the inside out.