Ideally, there shouldn’t be a right way or a wrong way for efficient dishwasher loading – as long as someone is actually cleaning!
But, many a fight has been had over the proper way to load a dishwasher. So here are some handy tips to keep the dishes clean, and families intact.
- For dishwashers made in the past 10 years, simply scrape off food. You do not need to rinse. This wastes water. Many dishwashers have a “quick rinse” setting that will take the place of rinsing in the sink (and, again, save water.)
- Don’t overload the dishwasher. Make sure the dirty part of every dish, bowl, plate and glass has a clear path to the sprayer arm.
- It’s safer to put knives and forks head down in the cutlery bin, but they get cleaner head up.
- Speaking of cutlery, don’t “nest.” Meaning, don’t put spoons with spoons and forks with forks. Mix them up so they get cleaner.
- Load dishes along the back and sides so that they face the middle of the dishwasher.
- Glassware, coffee mugs and plastic ware should go on the top rack. There is higher water pressure on the bottom which could break some glasses, and the water on the bottom is higher temperatures, which could melt the plastic.
- Empty the bottom rack first so that any water that pools in the glass and cups bottoms doesn’t spill onto the dry dishes.
- Always load glasses and mugs upside down.
So, the next time you are searching home cleaning company near me choose TMG Companies. We are a full service residential cleaning company and commercial cleaning company equipped to keep your home or business in top shape for years to come. Our hundreds of happy clients can testify to the quality of our work, the efficiency of our professionals, and the beautiful clean that they experience. If you’re ready to see how a professional can upgrade your home or commercial building and keep your space sparkling, contact TMG Companies today and schedule a professional cleaning for your home or office or fill out the form on this page and we’ll contact you!