When you think about doing a deep cleaning of your home, many think of springtime. I mean the holidays are done, and you've just spent months indoors from the cold weather. Plus the cold tends to bring salt, water, and snow into your home, so it makes sense in the spring. However, that’s not the time of year that you should put the most focus into your house. The last 3 months of the year are huge for decor and family gatherings. The weather is changing, your home smells cozy, you're eating all the comfort foods, you've decked out the home, and have it ready for visits from loved ones. The best way to fully enjoy a beautifully decorated house and holiday houseguests use this fall cleaning checklist to prep for the holidays.
The key to enjoying houseguests and all your seasonal decorations is having a plan to stay on top of the clutter and messes. This checklist should help you do just that and we’ll break it down by room and frequency.
Living Room Cleaning Checklist
Tip: Staying on top of the clutter and organization of your living areas is the key to a tidy and clean looking space. You’ll want to be able to invite guests inside for a visit without feeling ashamed of the messes. I recommend tackling the daily living room cleaning tasks each night before bed so you start the new day fresh.
- Clear the space of clutter.
- Have a set place for remote controls and other daily-use items.
- Straighten throw pillows and blankets. With the cooler weather I like to have throw blankets as an accent piece, which makes the home feel inviting but they also provide warmth and comfort.
- Vacuum carpet and/or rugs.
- Wipe down electronic screens such as TVs and computers.
- Don’t neglect the cleanliness of the throw blankets.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
Tip: You never know when a houseguest (even if they’re dropping by unexpectedly) will need to use your bathroom. These daily and weekly tasks will have your bathroom ready at a moment’s notice.
- Clear counters and make sure everything is put away in drawers and cabinets.
- Wipe down shower walls and doors while you’re in the shower. A daily spray can help prevent lots of water spots and buildup.
- Give the counters and sink a quick wipe down after your morning routine.
- Give the toilet a good clean, inside and out.
- Clean vanity and mirrors
- Sweep and mop floor
- Empty trash
- Stock the bathroom with toilet paper and provisions.
- Make sure there are clean towels and change the hand towels regularly!
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist
Tip: The biggest way to stay on top of your bedroom is to not let clutter build up on your dresser, nightstands or desks. Make sure everything has its place and once a day, go through and make sure nothing is left out that shouldn’t be.
- Make bed every morning.
- Clear clutter every afternoon/evening so you can feel peace when you go to bed and start your new day unburdened by “stuff” everywhere.
- Vacuum carpets/rugs
- Wash bedding
- Run laundry and try to fold and put away clothing and linens the same day.
Experience You Can Trust, Service You Can Count On!
Don't worry if you happen to have the need for our carpet cleaning services and are searching for carpet cleaning near me choose TMG Companies. We are a full service residential cleaning company and commercial cleaning company , equipped to keep your home or business in top shape for years to come. Our hundreds of happy clients can testify to the quality of our work, the efficiency of our professionals, and the beautiful clean that they experience. If you’re ready to see how a professional can upgrade your home or commercial building and keep your space sparkling, contact TMG Companies today and schedule a professional cleaning for your home or office or fill out the form on this page and we'll contact you!
cleaning company near me
janitorial service near me
janitorial service ct
janitorial cleaning company ct
carpet cleaning company ct
carpet cleaning near me
window cleaning company near me
fire damage restoration
water removal company near me