Summer is coming to an end in a few weeks, and fall is just around the corner. As the leaves start to fall, that means that winter will quickly follow. Once winter hits you’ll want to settle down for a long winter’s rest. So now is the time to prepare for fall and winter with these easy cleaning tips.
Fall Cleaning VS. Spring Cleaning:
Many only think about doing a cleaning overhaul to their home in the spring but you should also do this in the fall. In the spring and summer months you tend to spend a lot more time inside than outside, but during the fall and winter months you tend to spend most of your time inside staying warm. So this is the time to clean especially with flu season starting.
Fall Cleaning Tips:
- Rid the home of clutter. Minimize unwanted items by getting rid of clutter, working one room at a time. Donate items you don’t want to keep.
- Clean hard-to-reach areas. Clean under your bed, behind and under big pieces of furniture, vacuum cushions, wipe light fixtures and ceiling fans, and wipe down the walls and baseboards.
- Clean your windows to a sparkling shine. Of course, if you’re planning to shutter the windows, you may want to skip this step.
- Steam clean the carpets. Summertime tends to bring in more dirt on the carpets from venturing outside more frequently. Once summer’s over, it’s a good idea to give them a good cleaning with a steam cleaner.
- Wash linens, i.e. pillows, bedspreads, blankets, comfortors, etc. You probably stored away some of your heavier linens during the summer months. Time to bring them out and wash your bedding items before putting them on the beds.
- Do a good regular cleaning on a regular basis. Dust furniture, mop floors, clean bathrooms, etc.
Cold Weather Maintenance Tips:
New England receives some harsh winter weather conditions during the fall and winter months. Before the colder weather settles in, you’ll want to make sure that your home is winterized. Check these items off your list by doing them sooner rather than later:
- Do a chimney sweep – This is probably one chore that’s best left to a professional, but you definitely want to have your fireplace and chimney cleaned out to prevent hire hazards and make sure the damper is properly sealed to keep out drafts.
- Fix air leaks in your home – You’ll want to check for cracks in the siding of your home as well as shingles. You’ll also want to check windows and doors to be sure there are no gaps that would allow cold air to come inside. Use weather stripping or caulking to help seal any leaks.
- Turn off outdoor faucets – Drain any outdoor faucets to keep your hoses from freezing over and cracking. Then, store your hoses in a frost-free environment.
- Service the snowblower – If you have a snowblower, now’s the time to have it serviced. You’ll want to make sure it’s ready for the upcoming winter weather.
- Remove debris from gutters – Clear gutters of any debris to prevent clogging before winter arrives.
- Store outdoor furniture – You can prolong the life of your outdoor accessories and furniture by bringing them in away from the elements of winter. Store them in your garage or under a covered area.
- Inspect dryer exhaust – This is a chore that is often overlooked. But the exhaust tube and vent often has built-up lint and debris, and birds during the spring and summer months will even build their nests there. You’ll want to make sure the vent door on the outside closes properly as well.
- Drain sediment from hot water heaters -This is another thing that should be high on your list. If too much sediment builds up, it could affect the performance of your hot water heater. Your could end up with less hot water than you’d like when you need it the most. If you’re not confident about doing it yourself, call a plumber to do it.
Experience You Can Trust, Service You Can Count On!
Don't worry if you happen to have the need for our carpet cleaning services and are searching for carpet cleaning near me choose TMG Companies. We are a full service residential cleaning company and commercial cleaning company , equipped to keep your home or business in top shape for years to come. Our hundreds of happy clients can testify to the quality of our work, the efficiency of our professionals, and the beautiful clean that they experience. If you’re ready to see how a professional can upgrade your home or commercial building and keep your space sparkling, contact TMG Companies today and schedule a professional cleaning for your home or office or fill out the form on this page and we'll contact you!
cleaning company near me
janitorial service near me
janitorial service ct
janitorial cleaning company ct
carpet cleaning company ct
carpet cleaning near me
window cleaning company near me
fire damage restoration
water removal company near me