There is an increasing concern about air pollution levels both outdoors and indoors. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air can be five times as polluted as outdoor air. Since indoor air is not circulated as much as outside air, many airborne pollutants continue to thrive inside.
Air purifiers can refresh stale air, reducing the chances of health issues caused by indoor pollutants, which can trigger respiratory infections, neurological problems, or aggravate symptoms in asthma sufferers. Quality air purifiers eliminate several types of indoor air pollutants, keeping us healthy.
Air purifiers with HEPA technology filters can remove 99.7 percent of the airborne particulate matter (PM) circulating in your home environment. Removing these pollutants can lead to several immediate and long term health benefits such as better sleep quality and increased life expectancy.
- Asthma Symptom Relief: People living with asthma have inflamed bronchial tubes. Pollutants such as pet dander, pollen, or dust mites irritate their airways, causing difficulty breathing. Many breeds of dogs and cats shed throughout the year. When these pets scratch themselves they spread a lot of hair and dander which keeps circulating in the air. Even if you don’t have pets, there are other triggering factors for asthma such as pollen and dust mites.
- Lack of fresh air increases indoor humidity levels, providing the perfect breeding ground for dust mites. They feed on dead skin cells and multiply quickly in your bed, carpet, and other upholstered furniture.
- Vacuuming your bed, carpet, and floors can eliminate these pollutants, but some of them remain suspended in the air. Breathing in the polluted air increases the chances of asthma attacks.
- Most household air purifiers contain HEPA filters, designed to capture all these pollutants so you breathe clean air. HEPA filters comprise multi-layered meshes made of fine fiberglass threads, thinner than strands of hair. The pollens, dust mites, and pet dander floating in the home environment are trapped in these meshes so you enjoy clean air.
- Eliminates Harmful Chemicals: Closing the doors and windows of our house does not mean we can shut off external pollutants such as nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide. These gases are commonly found in areas of high motor vehicle traffic and may get inside your homes.
- The atmosphere in your can be polluted with toxins from several cleaning agents. Many regular household cleaners contain toxic chemicals such as ammonia, chlorine, and phthalates. Exposure to these chemicals in small quantities may be harmless, but routine exposure can lead to serious health issues like a tumor, cancer, cardiovascular, or neurological disorders.
- Air purifiers with activated carbon can cleanse these chemical contaminants, avoiding the risk of several health problems. A highly porous form of carbon is used in this carbon filtering method to trap chemicals, recycling fresh air back to the room.
- Reduces the Chances of Airborne Diseases: Airborne diseases such as the common cold and flu are spread through tiny pathogens floating around. When one family member catches the flu, it’s not uncommon for the rest of the family to get sick as well. This happens because everyone is breathing the same air that’s infected with bacteria and viruses.
- Air purifiers with HEPA filters capture these bacteria and viruses. When you remove the cause of airborne diseases, you safeguard yourself and your family from them. If you live with elderly people, children, or anyone with a weakened immune system, air purifiers are a must.
- Improves Sleep: Indoor allergens such as bacteria, fungi, and dust mites can trigger allergies or hay fever. Hay fever causes a runny nose and can last up to several weeks. Frequent sneezing, coughing, nose congestion, watery eyes, or sore throat are some common allergic symptoms, disrupting your sleep.
- Lack of adequate sleep causes daytime drowsiness, affecting your productivity the next morning. To avoid these sleep disruptions, it’s best to use HEPA air purifiers because they filter out most allergens from your room. Cleaner air gives you a better night’s sleep.
- Neutralizes Unpleasant Odors: Some chemicals such as gasoline, benzene, and formaldehyde break down at room temperature causing an off-gassing odor. These chemicals, called Volatile organic compounds (VOCs), are commonly found in paints, aerosol sprays, upholstered furniture, or air fresheners. The odor from VOCs can cause nausea, breathlessness, and even affect your cognitive functions.
- Ambient air improves productivity and performance. Air purifiers with HEPA and activated carbon filters are effective in trapping gases as well as particles, reducing pollutants in the indoor environment.
- If you have guests coming over, you don’t have to worry about the smoke or the odor of cooking oil and spices bothering them. The air purifiers absorb all the smell, making your room fresh and clean
Experience You Can Trust, Service You Can Count On!
Don’t worry if you happen to have the need for our carpet cleaning services and are searching for carpet cleaning near me choose TMG Companies. We are a full service residential cleaning company and commercial cleaning company , equipped to keep your home or business in top shape for years to come. Our hundreds of happy clients can testify to the quality of our work, the efficiency of our professionals, and the beautiful clean that they experience. If you’re ready to see how a professional can upgrade your home or commercial building and keep your space sparkling, contact TMG Companies today and schedule a professional cleaning for your home or office or fill out the form on this page and we’ll contact you!