Water damage is a big deal. It can really compromise the market value of your property and even put the health and safety of your family at risk if not fixed or cleaned up properly because this area could be providing the right conditions for mold and mildew growth.
No matter what caused the pipe burst, the required cleanup and repairs can be very expensive. If you are going to put in a water damage claim to the insurance company, you better do it right.
You want to make sure you have all the bases covered when filing the claim, so please take a look at some of our water damage insurance claim tips.
- The damage to your property and contents should be thoroughly documented at each stage with photos of the loss: before the process of water mitigation, during the process and after our work is completed. You could hire professionals who are trained to prepare sketches and create drying logs for your insurance company, or just ask the restoration company what information you will need to provide. This will help your claim to be processed quickly and accurately.
- If your professional service company deals directly with insurance companies, they may be able to send estimates and bills themselves. That would be one less thing for you to worry about.
- Please review your insurance policy to ensure that you understand what it covers and what it doesn’t cover in terms of water related damages. There is a chance that not all water damage will be covered by your policy.
- Sometimes insurance carriers are unwilling to cover all the water mitigation and extraction work required to prevent or remove mold growth in a home affected by water damage which not only causes financial damage but also poses a genuine health risk. These are very serious consequences that should be dealt with immediately. If your insurance company is hesitating to pay you for a water damage, you can hire a public adjuster to advocate for you and for the reasonable expenses of the restoration.
- Hiring a public adjuster is a good idea anyway. The adjuster who works for the insurance company represents their interests, not yours. They usually try to minimize the settlement amount to save the insurance carrier some money. This can result in a smaller payout on your claim.
Don’t worry if you happen to have the need for our water damage restoration services and are searching for water damage restoration company near me choose TMG Companies. We are a full service residential cleaning company and commercial cleaning company equipped to keep your home or business in top shape for years to come. Our hundreds of happy clients can testify to the quality of our work, the efficiency of our professionals, and the beautiful clean that they experience. If you’re ready to see how a professional can upgrade your home or commercial building and keep your space sparkling, contact TMG Companies today and schedule a professional cleaning for your home or office or fill out the form on this page and we’ll contact you!